Why and how do I create Assessment Managers and Users?
Only Assessment Users and Assessment Managers can create PLGs and access Assessment Books.
A new PLG and changes to a PLG need to be approved by an Assessment Manager.
So, in order to start building a PLG or if you want to be able to access an Assessment Book you will first need to create an Assessment User and an Assessment Manager (this can be the same person if required).
Here are the steps to create Assessment Managers and Users:
1. On a computer, login to the Admin Console ( https://console.
2. Hover over MISC (top left) and select User Manager.
3. Click Add New (top right).
4. Enter the new users First Name, Last Name, Role (optional) and their Email Address (access instructions will be sent to this email address).
5. Create and enter a Username.
6. Set the permission that you want the user to have. A tick will indicate that it has been selected:
Web Console: Authorised User (Console) - Grants permission for the user to be able to access the Web Console
Web Console: Administrator (Console) - Grants permission for the user to be able to access the Web Console and in addition allows them to manage and create other Assessment Managers and/or Assessment Users using the User Manager Screen within the Web Console
IOS APP: Assessment User (iOS App) - Grants permission for the user to be an Assessment User and access to the Assessment Area of the iOS App.
- Assessment Users can create a PLG and if they are the owner of the PLG they can propose future changes to the PLG, such as adding new Outcomes.
- These changes need to be approved by an Assessment Manager.
- Assessment Users can also access any Assessment Books that they have been given permission to access.
IOS APP: Assessment Manager (iOS App) - Grants permission for the user to be an Assessment Manager and access to the Assessment Area of the iOS App
- Assessment Managers can create a PLG and they can propose future changes to any PLG, such as adding new Outcomes.
- They can approve the changes that they make and that Assessment Users make to PLGs.
- Assessment Managers automatically have access to all Assessment Books.
Activities Manager: Grants permission for the user to share your School's Activities that have been created to support home learning with the EfL Activity Library
7. Click Save (bottom left).
8. To send the new user a password, tick the box to the left of their Username and click Reset Password (towards the top left).
9. Click Confirm.
10. The new user will have now been sent an email containing their username and password.