Overview of Getting Ready for the New Academic Year (Including Checklist)
We want to help you to be as ready as you can be for the new academic year.
Some learners will have left and they will need to be archived. The new intake of Learners needs to be added to your Cloud and Devices. Your Groups will need to be updated and there may be PLGs/Assessment Books that need updating as Learners and staff move around the school.
You may want to make some changes to how your EfL is setup. There may be new Frameworks to add or you want to create a new schema for Assessment.
As you start to plan and get ready for the new academic year we will be here to help.
Start to plan who is going to do what and by when to ensure that EfL is updated and your devices are ready for the new academic year:
We have created a useful checklist - "Getting Ready for the New Academic Year".
This checklist has been created to help organisations that have already been using Evidence for Learning and so assumes that there is already data in your Cloud and possibly on some (or all) of your devices.
PDF: Getting Ready for the New Academic Year.pdf (144KB)
WORD: Getting Ready for the New Academic Year.doc (20KB)
There are detailed guides to help you get ready for the New Academic Year:
- Ensure all Evidence is Saved to the EfL Cloud and therefore, there is No Evidence Saved on your Device
- Removing learners and Groups from Devices
- Archive (and Delete) any Learners who have Left (Admin Console)
- Add the new Intake of Learners (Admin Console)
- Update Groups for existing Learners and add new Learners to Groups (Admin Console)
- Update existing PLGs (including changing the owner and access permissions where needed)
- Add any new PLGs
- Create any new Assessment Books for non-PLGs (on a device within Cloud Admin)
- Add New Frameworks, Tags, Date Ranges and Comment Templates to your Cloud (Admin Console)
- Add any new sets of Indicators (on a device within Cloud Admin)
- Get your devices ready for the new academic year
- Plan any training requirements to ensure that all new and existing staff understand how to best to use The Evidence for Learning App in Relation to their Role
The Next step:
Plan who is going to do what and by when. Have a look at the checklist "Getting Ready for the New Academic Year" (available to download above).
Following on from reviewing the Checklist, the first and a vital step is to "Ensure all Evidence is Saved to the EfL Cloud and therefore, there is No Evidence Saved on your Devices".