Archive (and Delete) any Learners who have Left
You archive learners who have left your education setting using your console. The process is the same for learners who leave at the end of an academic year and for individuals who leave mid-term.
Here's the steps to Archive one or a number of learners who have left your educational setting:
1. Go to https://console.evidenceforlearning.net and login.
2. Click on Learners (left side).
3. You will see a list of all the learners that are currently set as Active in your Cloud. To select a learner/s to archive Click on the square to the left of their name. A tick will appear to show that a learner has been selected.
4. When you have selected all the learners that you would like to archive, Click Archive (top left).
5. A successful update message will be displayed in green (top left).
6. You will no longer be able to see, the learner/s that you have archived, as the list of learners is defaulted to show you only the Active learners (those who currently are on roll at your educational setting). You can change the Learners that are displayed, by Clicking on All, Archived or Active (top right).
Once the Learner/s are archived in your Admin Console there are a few other things to consider:
1. The learner/s now archived will need to be removed from any Group that they are in. Therefore, using the Admin Console you remove the Learner/s from any Group that they are in.
This guide includes a step by step guide on manually removing Learners from a Group using your Admin Console - updating Groups including manually removing Learners from Groups using your Admin Console
2. Once, they are removed from the Group in the Admin Console, you then need to remove the Group from each device and then add it again.
This guide includes a step by step guide on removing Groups from a device - Removing Learners and Groups from devices
3. The learner/s will need to be removed from each device. Therefore, ensure all evidence including draft evidence is transferred to the Cloud and then manually remove the archived Learner/s from each device.
This guide includes a step by step guide on removing Learners from a device - Removing Learners and Groups from devices
4. Are there Assessment Books that need to be updated that contain the now archived Learner/s?
This guide covers how to change the setup of Assessment Book including adding/removing Learners and changing which members of staff have permission to access the Assessment Book - Update an Assessment Book (not a PLG)
5. Does the now archived Learner have a PLG? If so, then you may want to archive the Framework and the Assessment Book that form the PLG.
The Next Step:
Now that you archived learners who have left, you are ready to "add the new intake of learners".