Overview of Indicators and how you can use them to track Engagement
What are Indicators?
Indicator sets allows you to be more forensic in the recording and reviewing of evidence. They in essence allow you to create mini forms to accompany a piece of evidence.
You can use a pre-loaded Indicator Set and you can choose to customise it for your school or you can create your own from scratch.
The new Engagement Model (DfE) is a pre-loaded Indicator Set:
- Set of 5 Indicators: exploration, realisation, anticipation, persistence and initiation.
- Indicators allows you to track engagement within EfL through formative and summative assessment.
- You can create Indicator Reports for each Learner.
Here is a recording of an EfL Online Workshop that focuses on Tags and how Indicators can be used to track Engagement:
- Explore how Tags can be used.
- Examples of Tags that schools use.
- Demonstration of using Indicators to record observations around a Learner's Engagement.
- Examples of other Indicator Sets that schools use.
- Creating Indicator reports.
- Question and Answer session.
How do I set up the new Engagement Model (DfE) pre-loaded Indicator Set?
The Engagement Model (DfE) pre-loaded Indicator Set has already been set up for most schools using Evidence for Learning.
If for any reason the Engagement Model (DfE) preloaded Indicator Set has not been set up for you setting then it can be quickly added using either the Admin Console on a computer or within the Cloud Admin Menu on an iPad: