Add Learners to a General Group (that is not mutually exclusive with other Groups)
This guide covers General Groups. I.e. This may be useful if you are trying to set up a number of different intervention groups or extra curriculum groups, etc...
If you would like to create a Group Set where Learners can only be in one group within that Group Set, please see the guide for this process: "Create a Group Set and Mutually Exclusive Groups within it, in your Cloud".
Here are the steps to add Learners to a General Group (that is not mutually exclusive with other groups):
On a Computer, go to the Admin Web Console (https://console.evidenceforlearning.net) and login
1. Click Groups (left side)
2. Select Create New Group (right side)
3. Enter the name of the group
4. Select Save
You have created a group and now you are going to add the Learners.
5. Click Edit Group next to the name of the Group you have created
6. Click Add/Remove Learners to add or remove learners from the group
7. Use the drop-down list under BrowseLearners to select an existing group of Learners from which you can select Learners from to add to this Group.
Helpful Tip: Select ‘All Learners’ for a list of all the learners who are set up in the Cloud
8. You can now choose all the Learners you wish to add to the Group by clicking on the box to the left of the Learner’s name and this will add a tick.
9. When you have selected the Learners to add from this list, Click Add>>> (you may need to scroll up or down, it will be in the centre of the screen, to the right of the Learner’s name and it will be halfway up the list)
10. You can also remove any Learners from the Group, by selecting the Learner on the right and clicking Remove
11. When all the Learners have been added to the Group then click Save (bottom right)
12. You will now be back in your Group settings screen and you should be able to see all the Learners in this group. To create another group, click Groups (left side) and then return to step 3 of this guide.
The Next Step:
You may now want to create groups that are mutually exclusive and it will be useful to review and follow the guide: "Create a Group Set and Mutually Exclusive Groups within it, in your Cloud".
Alternatively, you may have created all the groups that you would like to at this stage and want to start to look at and think about how Evidence for Learning can help you to get the best out of using Frameworks: "Introduction to Frameworks".